November 06, 2017

How to Get Work Done While Raising Kids: Interviews with Four Freelancing Mommies.




Freelancing is hard. You go from job to job, feast to famine... My hat is off to all the freelance mommies out there. (I had no idea how hard it would be until I became one.) You have to balance the needs of your children in your house, still meet your deadlines, and maybe take a shower on a regular basis. I feel like sometimes I am on top of my schedule and other times I am overwhelmed by doctors appointments, dishes, lost library books, etc. There is no right or wrong answer to finding balance in taking care of a family and freelancing, but I always find it helpful to know how other freelance mommies do it. 

So I declare this week to be the week of the Freelance Mommy. I've interviewed four fabulous freelance mommies to see how they manage it all. I'll be posting each of their interviews separately on the Kidlit Artists website

The lovely ladies I will be interviewing are:



Candace Camling
You can find Candace's interview here.


Lorian Tu Dean
You can find Lorain's interview here.

Mary Reaves Uhles

You can find Mary's interview here.
and

Zara Gonzalez Hoang

You can find Zara's interview here.



I hope you find them as inspiring as I do. Best of luck to you and me and all the freelance mommies out there. Pats on the back all around. We can do it!!

No comments: